Viral fever is one of top illness that a child suffers. Fever is not a life taking situation unless it is below 106 degree Celsius. Hypothalamus is a portion of our brain which maintains body temperature. Cold, cough and flu are all part of viral infections. Viral fever is common among children or toddlers and the reason behind is that their immune system is weak so fever catches them easily. Some people take antibiotics in viral fever but remember that antibiotics never work in viral fever. So if you want to stay your baby away from viral fever know about viral fever symptoms and treatment in toddlers. Viral fever can be more serious in children below age of 3 months. Mostly viral fever remains for about 4 days in toddlers.
Some Symptoms Which Parent Sees in Their Baby if he or she is Suffering from Viral Fever are:
- Lack of desire in eating
- Stomach ache
- Cold and cough
- Blocked nose
These Above Symptoms are not so Serious but Some Serious Symptoms Which need Medical Attention are:
- No desire to eat
- Difficulty in breathing
- Swelling in feet
- Diarrhea not going from two weeks.
- Coughing more than 3 weeks.
Precaution is Always Better than Cure so it is Better for Parents to take Some Precautionary Measures Like:
- Be attentive when season changes because these infections mostly spread at that time.
- Wash your child hands before and after meal.
- Don’t let him go near person who is sick or infected with viral fever.
Treatment of Viral Fever in Toddlers:
- Giving ORS or other fluids will help your child to come out of dehydration. Water helps to remove toxins from body.
- Dip a cloth in light warm water having temperature of about 85 degree Celsius and place it in your child forehead. Do this several times. This is a very common and old method of reducing fever at home.
- Allow your baby to get enough sleep or rest so that he can recover fast from fever.
- Always maintain hygiene. Use hand sanitizer to wash your baby hands before and after a meal.
- Breast feed your baby as milk will provide him essential minerals and nutrients and provides energy to cure.
- Viral fever also blocks your baby nose so using vaporizer is a good idea to provide your baby relief from blocked nose.
- Keep baby stay away from oily and spicy food.
- Give your baby clear fluids like soup but avoid giving him fluids which contain caffeine.
Viral fever symptoms and treatment in toddlers are explained above so that you can save your baby from coming in contact with viral infection which sometimes can be very fatal.
Diagnosis of Viral Fever:
- Viral fever can be simply diagnosed by these symptoms but if these symptoms don’t go and are becoming worse than doctor will take a blood test of your baby to see for any other disease.
CONCLUSION: Viral fever mostly occurs in babies due to their weak immunity and babies whose age is less than 3 months can suffer more problems. Follow above precautions and treatment to avoid viral fever in your baby.
My name is kelly. I am write health and beauty topics. Health cure is very important to regular days. Most of the people ignore about own health but it creates many problem after 30. i hope you will like the article.